After I got back several rolls of 120 developed film I had a big shock. 3 rolls did not really have anything on it. To find the issue I started testing my Mamiya RZ67 Pro II with 110mm lens to make sure the problem is not the camera. Therefore, I used Polaroids with the Fujifilm FP-100c silk. I did three shots at home and seven with Fabienne. While we were shooting I laid the Polaroid negatives carefully on the table because they aren’t dry and there is still some chemistry left on the Polaroid negatives. I remembered that Emily Soto uses sometimes the technique if scanning the Polaroid negatives. I have never done that before but thought it is worth while trying. After the shooting I got a glass plate and did a test on the weekend and scanned the seven images today. And the output is what you see below.
I like the look, style and the uniqueness of each image. I should use the technique more often, even the workload for each image is a bit. First taping the image on the glass, bleeching the black background away with a brush, wash it of, scan the image and a bit postproduction in Lightroom is not the world, but takes time for each image easy up to 15-20 minutes.
A big thanks to Fabienne and Stefanie. Was a pleasure working with you! The images of the planned shooting will be showed after development, scanning and editing on a later post here. We did a black & white dessous shooting and it is part of a project. I surely will shoot again with Fabienne and hopefully also work with you again, Stefanie.
- Model: Fabienne König
- Visa & Hair: Stefanie Richi
- Camera: Mamiya RZ67 Pro II
- Lens: Sekor 110mm at f2.8
- Polaroids: Fujifilm FP 100c Silk
- Light: Elinchrom ELC HD Pro 500
- Lightshaper: Elinchrom Deep Octa 100cm
- Scanner: Epson V800
PS: Too sad that Fujifilm does not produce anymore the FP-100c Polaroids.